Dear Northeast Parents and Guardians,
It’s hard to believe that we are approaching the end of 2017-18 school year. As always, thank you for your continued work with us to provide the very best educational environment we can for our scholars to produce outstanding results. It has been a challenging year, and also very successful.
The Varnett School Northeast campus is planning year-end activities for all our scholars. The end of the year is an exciting time for students and families. In order to participate in these activities, students must be progressing successfully in their grades and behavior.
At this time, we are asking you to speak with your children and encourage them to make improvements in academics and/or behavior. Listed below, you will find ways to help your scholar be successful.
1. Attend school each day and get to class on time.
2. Complete all assigned classwork and homework and turn them in on time.
3. Behave appropriately at all times.
4. Do not interfere with the teacher's ability to teach or other students' right to learn.
Our yearly average daily attendance is 95.12 percent. Our yearly goal is 98 percent average daily attendance. We have 75 students with perfect attendance for the school year. Students with perfect attendance for the year will attend a special field trip to the Houston Downtown Aquarium on May 18, 2018. We are proud of our students who report to school on time each day; Respectful, Responsible, Ready to Learn and Lead!
We look forward to a great end of the school year. We have several important dates for you to remember. Please see the following upcoming events:
- April 23-27, Stanford 10 testing for students in grades K-2.
- May 14-16, STAAR testing for students in grades 3-6.
- May 21, Spring showcase at 5 p.m.
- May 25, Field Day.
- May 29, PreK and 5th-grade promotion ceremonies.
Ms. Toni I. Fisher, M. Ed