It is hard to believe that we’re entering the holiday season and we are fewer than five weeks away from our Thanksgiving break. When we return we will have only 15 school days before our winter break. Time is certainly flying by quickly and school attendance is high on our priority list at The Varnett Public School. Students need to attend school daily and be at school each day by 8 a.m. I want to stress to you the importance of making sure your child stays healthy and is able to attend school every day, and puts forth great effort in his or her school work.
We will be offering an ATTENDANCE INCENTIVE for all students that have 100% attendance and are on the honor roll. Please make sure your student is coming to school every day. Don’t forget report cards will go home November 11.
There is NO school for students from November 21-25. We return from Thanksgiving break on November 28. Please make sure your child attends school on Monday. Teachers will be working diligently to prepare our students for their upcoming campus-based assessment. This assessment will measure students’ progress for the second and third six-week term. Our next campus- based assessments are December 5-9.
We are having some issues with student behavior on buses. This can be very distracting to the driver and create unsafe situations. Please visit with your child about being appropriate and safe on the bus.
FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- November 4 - 1st Friday. Students can wear jeans with green polo
- November 9 - Family projects are due
- November 9 - Science Family Night 5-6:30pm
- November 11 - Report cards go home.
- November 14 to 16 - Science Fair PK-2nd Grade (ONLY)
- November 18 - Mad Scientist Workshop $3 (PK-2nd only)
- November 21 to 25
- Thanksgiving Break
- School Resumes November 28th
- December 12 to 16 - Holiday Spirit Week
- December 15 - Winter Around the World Program at 5 p.m.
- December 16 - Last day of school before the winter break
Ms. Toni Fisher